We've all heard the quote "misery loves company". Well, guess what. I hereby decline the invitation.
For anyone on the periphery of my inner circle, let me just clear something up for you. I am obsessed with Facebook. And it is making me crazy. In hindsight, I probably should have given it up for Lent, but alas, I did not. For those that have, I sincerely applaud you.
I LOVE to read everyone's status updates. I am more in touch with the News Feed on FB than I am with any and all of the stories on WRAL or any other news website. What is really unfortunate here is that I have some so-called friends on FB are the most negative, miserable individuals, all according to their status updates. A lot of these people are ones that I knew a long long time ago, but for whatever reason, I find myself feeling bad for them!
Don't get me wrong--I post some pity-party statuses from time to time. I know a lot of people that go through slumps every now and then, but, I can honestly say that the majority of my closer friends go radio silent when they have a lot of negative energy flowing around. So, with the other Negative Nancy's--why can't I delete them? Well, for one, I feel bad about it. So I either have to bite the bullet and at least hide them or just make myself impervious to the misery.
Now what to do with the non-FB people I encounter so often that just live a life of gripes and complaints? How do I hide them? Or better yet, how do I positively influence them? I know it is much easier for me to be dragged down in the depths of despair with them, and because of this, at the end of the day, I'm left with nothing that I really want to share with my friends and family. I become a miserable person to be around. And that is absolutely unacceptable!
So, there's my answer. If I can help another, I certainly will. But, I'm taking back the control and the responsibility for my own self.
And in the words of Toby Keith, "That don't make me a bad guy"....
:)LAH
No comments:
Post a Comment