Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Enthusiasm. It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Have you ever met someone who is so enthusiastic about things that it just seems to infect an entire group of people?  I love that.  Let's do that more.  I have one friend who always has the most chipper posts on face-space...She greets the day with an emphatic "hello world" and even when she's having an "off" day, she is just so upbeat about it.  Admittedly, it is something that I envy.  Now, I know that envy is a sin and all, but, its certainly not the worst sin I've committed in my life, in the true grand scheme of things.

I got this great idea last night to set my alarm at 5am, get up, go to the gym and work out, then come home to get ready for work.  I was excited about this plan and thought it would be a sure way of getting my workout routine out of the way and surely it would allow me to emphatically greet the world with the energy of my one friend.  I went upstairs last night, laid out my workout clothes and then picked out my work clothes for the day.  I could feel the enthusiasm just bubbling.  So, I went to bed to get a good night's rest in preparation for my early day.

I woke up around 2:30 and was relieved that I had just a couple more hours until I began my joyous day.  I rolled over once again and looked at the clock.  6:11.  WHAT?  Turns out, you have to actually turn the alarm ON for it to work.  Joyous demeanor out the window.  Started my day behind the 8-ball, despite my good intentions.  I stopped myself from posting this morning's status as "grrr". 

Alas, my day did turn around beautifully.  My very cool "not quite legal" sis-in-law texted to meet for lunch.  And my favorite pizza truck is just down the block from my office. 

I guess the lesson is that some days you just live your excitement from one moment to the next.  Enthusiasm is a fickle beast, but, perhaps I'll tame it yet. 

:) LAH

No comments:

Post a Comment