Friday, March 25, 2011

Oh Motivation, Where Have You Gone?

I cannot tell a lie--it has been a tough week for me mentally.  It's not that anything has happened specifically; but there is a lot of seemingly pointless craziness going on.  I read a quote last night that pretty much summed up what I'm feeling...

"Ever look at someone and say, 'Yup.  The wheel is still turning, but that hamster's dead'?"

I have.  I did it a bunch this week, actually!  I have had conversations with people that are too dumb for me to even wrap my head around.  I feel like my happy meter has scaled back a bit and I don't like it!  Perhaps it is my stress level induced by the blissful ignorance of some of those around me that is making me feel as though I'm backsliding a little.  I just need to break this cycle before it breaks me. 

Case in point: during yoga last night, I could not get some of the work things out of my busy little brain.  I wasn't paying attention to the poses and it became quite obvious as I settled in to one pose so incorrectly, I fell over.  Yes, folks.  I fell over and didn't react in enough time to catch myself.  Of course, I was hysterically laughing (not too loudly), but, I could not get myself back to where I needed to be.  I am relieved that I was able to laugh it off, but, it defeats the purpose of the yoga practice if I'm not focused!

The *highlight* of my day yesterday?  Starbucks VIA instant coffee.  The buzz lasted for oh, about a half hour.  After that, I had ZERO motivation to do anything and found myself laughing at the array of "you gotta be kidding me" moments happening at work. 

The following conversation actually happened on Wednesday. 
BMIC (Big Man In Charge):  Um, Linds, I'm gonna need you to send me that information again that you emailed me last week. 
Me: (perplexed) You mean the email of information I sent to you twice on Tuesday?
BMIC: Yes
Me: Ok, well, would you like me to forward it to you three times today instead of two so that you will still have a copy when you delete the first two emails like you did last Tuesday? 
BMIC: That will be fine. 

I couldn't make this stuff up, folks. 

Here's hoping I can get back on track. 

:) LAH

1 comment:

  1. BMIC sounds typical Peter Principle top management to me, or maybe a Ph.Duhhh. And tell him to stop calling you 'Linds'; that name is used by YOUR people!!....

    ReplyDelete