Friday, March 18, 2011

I Can Touch My Toes! (and Other Useless Info.)

Watch out world!  I'm well on my way to a whole new life of cool-to-me stunts!  I found out this morning that I can, in fact, touch my toes.  And all of this is because of my yoga.  Why is this a big deal?  I dunno--just is.  But, if you want to see this new little trick of mine, just ask.  I will be happy to show off. 

When I was in 7th and 8th grade, I was a cheerleader.  Granted, I wasn't very "good" at it, relatively speaking; but I had rhythm and I could be loud, so, it was a perfect activity for me.  Well, I was never the best at cartwheels or round-offs, and I was completely incapable of a back handspring, but I could do splits and at that time, I could touch my toes.  I have always had long legs and I used to be considered "lanky", but through daily cheer practice, I suppose I stretched out enough that I could do such things.  Come 9th grade, yeah, no...PE was a nightmare and it just started my journey to lazy. 

Fast forward many many years to me standing in the gym in front of the big mirrors with my friend about 6 months ago (or so).  We were doing some free weights and we were talking about bending to lift the bar off the floor.  I told her I had to bend my knees because I couldn't even touch my toes.  She gave me the most bizarre look ever.  Then she started to laugh and laugh.  Now, I was laughing too, because it was funny, but I made it my mission to gain enough flexibility to touch my toes. 

Lo and behold, this morning, I sent her a text and announced proudly, "It's official - I can touch my toes."  Yay me!  I did think she would be more enthused, but, perhaps she is saving the overwhelming joy for when she sees me next time.  Yeah, that's probably what it is. 

Now, for the other random info.:
I went to yoga last night and decided to keep my mouth shut for once!  So how did that go?  Great, except the instructor called me out about 3 times saying I must be sleepy or in a zone.  I can't win.  Wasn't I supposed to be in a zone?  Sheesh.

I don't understand the NCAA March Madness.  I mean, I *understand* it, I guess I just don't *care*.  And it is especially annoying when I'm in my office only to hear people yelling like they're on fire when they are streaming the games on their computers.  But, hey, I'm quietly in my office blogging, so its not like I'm slaving away, either.  You don't hear me screaming about it, though!  Pipe down!  It's gonna be a long month.

My karma card at yoga last night made me laugh.  It said "Your body is much like your automobile.  Both require care and maintenance, but your body has no trade-in or resell value."  Good point.  But, I've been riding around with my car's check engine light "on" for the past year or more.  So...maybe this analogy is lost on me.  I made no effort to ensure the trade-in or resell on my car, so imagine the state of my body at this point!  Note to self: get a physical. 

Love y'all.  Everyone have a great weekend!

:)LAH

No comments:

Post a Comment