I've been hit by the ol' karmatic boomerang, as it were. I knew it would happen at some point. I just knew that if I tried to pump enough good vibes into the atmosphere that one day, somehow, it would prove favorable for me. Things are working out. And I am so much happier.
First and foremost, every single moment of every day is NOT rainbows, unicorns, and butterflies. Get real, people. I still gripe and grumble about some people, some things, some places. I'm still me. But, once I've relaxed and started enjoying things, oddly enough, life became inherently more enjoyable. I no longer wake up and think, "Wow, is THIS the best I'll feel all day?"
I've watched those around me that I most admire with a new eye. I have evaluated what makes me drawn to them. I've listened to (or read) their words. I believe they "get it". Every day isn't fancy happy-go-lucky-ness with them, but their prose is different. They see things for what they are; they rejoice when it is time and they mourn when it is time. In this, I am cracking the code in my own life. For most of my life I've believed that you teach people how to treat you. I believe that I've taught some to run over me, I've taught some to lean on me, and I've taught some to respect me. Unconditional love, even. I like to think that I've helped people realize that it is real and it is flowing. Loyalty and honor are ever-important, whether they be to yourself or to others around you that you choose to draw (and keep) close.
And smiling. Laughter. At the very least, it makes others wonder what you're up to.
:) LAH
This blog is beautiful!! "For most of my life I've believed that you teach people how to treat you.". That line slapped me on the face; it is so true. Good thing is, we learn from that, especially the "run over" part.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy that you feel this way now! :)