I've been reading the increasing number of people posting on the FB about the things they are thankful for day by day. I understand that it is in honor of Thanksgiving, but I truly wish they would do it more often. Like every day of the year. I love reading them. They bring a positive message and a positive message is certainly what we all need.
Today is Veteran's Day. It is because of these men and women, past and present, that I am free to type here. It is because of these people and their great commitment to protect us that you are able to read this. To me, this is a stunning realization. In fact, without them, we wouldn't have the social media giant, the Facebook, where we can gather to update statuses, look at pictures, and be at some level far more involved in one another's lives than we had in the past. So, you could say that FB is brought to you by service men and women. Pretty neat, huh? Take that, Mark Zuckerberg!
Times are changing. Seasons are changing. I am changing. It is pretty wild, in actuality. I feel like my old self now more than I have in well over 9 years. I've been better with letting go of the guilt and grief I felt surrounding the passing of my Mom. I've been quasi-vocal about it, but it can only be compared to, well, nothing. It was like a hole was gouged right out of the middle of my chest. "A time to be born, a time to die..." It happens. To all of us. None of us get out of here alive--but think about this: how would you like those that survive you to carry on? In the true spirit of human nature, you cannot control the level of sadness that will be felt by others when and if something happens to you. But, they must push through and carry on. And so do I. I need to enjoy my Daddy, my family, my friends because they are still here. I am still here. So, it's time for me to be 100% present and accounted for. Got it.
So this is what I'm thankful for: LIFE. Let's get to the business of really living it, every day.
:) LAH
Well said! I love you!
ReplyDelete