Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Drunks and Fools and Children...

I've always heard that God takes care of drunks and fools and children.  Boy, that is certainly a relief!  Before I go any further, let me just say that I am not struggling with alcohol.  I don't want anyone scheduling any sort of intervention or anything.  Anyone paying attention to my FB posts probably thinks that I am consuming way more than your average bear, but that really is not true.  Of course, I believe there are two types of drinkers: those who do it often and those who admit to it.  Moving along...

Now, on to the "fools" part of that adage....I am a sucker for advertisements.  I should not be allowed to read Glamour, Cosmo, or any other beauty/style publication offered up in our society.  I was in having my hair cut on Saturday and the girl asked me what sort of hair colors I was considering after telling her that I was probably looking to do something cool in the near future.  She also asked me if I was planning to keep my hair short or if I was going to grow it out.  In theory, I would love love love to have long silky flowing locks of hair like those chicks in Pantene commercials.  But guess what?  I DON'T HAVE THAT HAIR TYPE!  I'm one of those gals that will print about 7 pictures and take it to the stylist and then as soon as I walk out, I'm disappointed because I don't look like the picture!  Somewhere in my mind, I believe that I will be a spitting image twin if I get my hair done like that.  The set up AND the disappointment.

The same is true for makeup.  I am a junkie.  I will follow every gimmick, buy every skin improvement product, and always look for the newest "technology".  I have one entire plastic drawer that has nothing but skin care and makeup in it.  And the plastic drawer is HUGE, mind you.  But, if you've seen me lately, you will notice that rarely do I wear HALF of it.  Why?  Because I got disappointed when I got home to try said product or color or formula only to find that I didn't morph into the supermodel that wears it in her photo-shoots.  I will then claim it isn't worth it, throw it in the drawer and huff and puff about it.  Rinse, repeat.  Happens every time.

The funny thing about this is: I guarantee that I'm not the only girl that does this.  Again, just like the drinking...there are two types of women: those who do the exact same thing and those who lie about it.  But, we will do it again.

So, I'm considering a new lipstick.  Wonder if I get this fabulous color--how will it look on me?
Taylor Look Contest
Damn.  Still don't look like Taylor Swift!  Oh well.  Into the drawer you go! :)

LAH

No comments:

Post a Comment