TGIF is all I have to say about that!
It has been quite the week. Besides Nate having such a horrible go with pain and such, it just feels like the whole week has been "off kilter". It would be really awesome if I could have a little vacation right about now, but that isn't how reality goes in my world.
In other news, I got my hair hacked off last night. :) At first I sat in my car and cried and then realized that I had to suck it up and get over it because she surely wasn't gonna glue anything back on! My first clue that things were going awry during said appointment was when the stylist began to shake, stepped back and made a weird little "oh crap" face. Immediately, I told her, "Honey, I'm going to need you to stop cutting while you are shaking like this. Let's think through this situation." Mind you, I brought in pictures from the front, sides, and back. She began to look really hard at the pictures and then back at my hair and then excused herself to go hunt down another stylist.
I kept telling myself not to panic as I am no stranger to shorter hairstyles. She reappeared with the other stylist who picked up the shears and began to cut and explain how we were going to recover from the current situation. Girl #2 then handed the scissors back to my stylist so that she could finish the other side of my head.
At this point, I'm telling myself not to look down at the copious amounts of my hair that were falling around me. Wow. My eyes were burning at this point. I then realize that my stylist had stopped yet again. She had the papers in her hand AGAIN and was squinting to stare at the pictures. Just as before, she excuses herself and momentarily reappears with Girl #3! I still cannot figure out where she kept getting these chicks from. There was a little room in the back and I envisioned them all lined up waiting to be called in for backup. Clean up at station 4, please!
Girl #3 begins to cut a little, talk a little, move my head around a little, cut a little more, etc. She hands the shears back to my original stylist of the evening to finish up. Finally, we were done. I sprang to my feet and just focused on paying and getting out the door. She didn't even ask if I wanted to set up my next appointment. I think we both silently agreed that we might not be a good team.
All in all, I probably made things seem a lot worse than they are in actuality. I have arrived at work and I was just told I'm the talk of the office. For once, I'm not so paranoid because it seems to be a good thing. Awesome!
:) LAH
I had something like that happened once before...I went to one of the places at Crabtree and I don't know what happened but I remember the stylist reacting the same way you did. I didn't get #2 or #3 to help out but I soon learned that it's extremely difficult to find a good one. I have been a bit lucky in recent years so if you need a recommendation, give me a buzz.
ReplyDeleteC'mon, Lindsey...with a story like that, ya gotta post some pics. :)
ReplyDelete