Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm Gonna Write a Letter!

Ah, my famous threat.  I'm gonna write a letter.  Do you know how many letters I've actually written?  Four.  They did nothing; I didn't even get a coupon.  But, I had great "cause" to write one from my Papa John's experience this past Friday night; however, I did not.  You see, I've got a writer's block of sorts. 

I had great intentions of detailing my aforementioned experience in my blog, but, it all seemed too overwhelming.  The highlight reel, for what its worth, went something like:
1-Ordered online
2-Went to the store, which was a nightmare, and where I was asked three times by three separate people if they could help me.  I gave my name, they went, picked up the pizza and this girl would make each of them put it back down as she told them "not yet".  Mind you, it was paid for already.
3-Fourth girl asked if I had been helped and I replied in a bewildered tone, "I honestly have no idea.  It doesn't feel like it though."
4-Worker girl tells the gentleman in front of me that she is still practicing her anger management skills and has a violent temper, etc etc.  She's the one making the others put my pizza back down, so I knew that could turn ugly if I said anything.
5-Took the pizza, on the cold side, got home and realized that there must be a vegetable famine in the area because I could count the number of topping pieces.  Ugh.  Oh well. 

As for the writer's block, I'm stumped.  I think that last week's post left me a little weirded out as I felt I probably needed to contact several people who I knew might read it and assuage any fears that I was completely off the reservation.  By the way, I'm not.  ;) 

I'm heading back to yoga tonight, so maybe I can bust through some of my "creativity blockers" and get back to feeling normal.  If it doesn't work, I just might have to write a letter. 

:) LAH 

1 comment:

  1. If that doesn't work, I suggest a nice glass of red wine and an inappropriately smutty novel. :)

    ReplyDelete