So, I'm all out of ideas for witty titles on my posts, so all I got for today is: Tuesday.
I went to CrossFit last night. It was my 6th class and my second migraine. After a particularly intense workout, we decided to lift a little weight. Now, I'm the girl that is notorious for not pushing myself to do anything "uncomfortable", but I figured, "hey, I'm paying for it--might as well get my money's worth!" I felt pretty good about myself, came home, ate and showered, and then called my sister. About 3/4 of the way through the conversation, I realized that I couldn't see anything except crazy colors, patterns and flashing lights. Crap. Ocular migraine. Crap. This happened when I dead-lifted a couple weeks ago. Crap, crap, CRAP!
Waking up this morning, I still didn't feel right. Stupid dumb migraine! But, I came on to work and just kept pushing. I got in a little panic as to what is causing my migraine issues and if that would mean I have to quit CF. I cannot quit CF. So, I spent a little time on Google and if you believe that some parts of the internet are true, I'm going to be just fine. See, I have this problem. Anxiety makes me hold my breath. Exercising with intensity and weight lifting give me anxiety. Holding my breath is bad. Bad, bad, bad.
My other issue is that I get all knotted up! So, I'll now have to take my time and really work on relieving the tension in my neck and shoulders that can also trigger headaches. I don't stretch them very well. OOPS!
In good news, though, I have lost 1.2 pounds in the last week! But, I just had some birthday cake for a co-worker. Ahhhh, the roller coaster that is my life.
:) LG
Life IS Good
Here's me about to lift stuff:

No comments:
Post a Comment