Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Cat's Away...

So, this mouse is....continuing right on with her normal everyday life.  But, I will admit...it is weird to be home alone with Kolbie.  It is quiet and we both miss Nate a bit.

I made it to the 6:15 CF class last night.  After the other night's migraine, I've had residual pain in the base of my skull and into my neck. I know it is a "form" issue and I really need to be cognizant of it, which proved harder than I thought last night.  BUT, I actually felt a lot better after getting through the WOD and the lifts last night and today, I feel even better than that!

In the game that is my life, I unlocked another level last night.  I realized that I LOVE lifting weight.  We did "cleans" for the first time (well, for me anyway) and it was awesome.  It is so much better to me than straight cardio work.  As much as I've tried and tried to become a runner, it ain't happenin'.  I will continue to work at it [running] so as to have a balanced exercise life, but, it really doesn't leave me with a sense of much accomplishment after finishing at the gym.

Make no mistake, I have zero desire to become one of these weightlifting powerhouses you see on the front of magazines.  Quite frankly, they are creepy looking.  But strength training helps the body overall and it can provide so many benefits if you learn to do it with correct form, start slowly and build up over time.  I find that I'm carrying myself differently after I do some strength training.  I am more aware of my core and my posture.  And, looking at my calves and quads in the mirror and seeing some definition isn't so bad, either.

Now, if only I could get fully immersed in the clean eating, I could be in business!  Baby steps, though.  I'm thankful that I've made it to this point in my life changes. :)  With the help and support of my awesome husband, family, friends and trainer(s), I'm moving and improving.

:) LG
Life IS Good




No comments:

Post a Comment