Talk about breaking the habit! Boy, I did that and in a BIG way! And in the first 48 hours of my new engagement, I managed to piss off about 5 people and find out some family drama surrounding my "announcement". Seriously? I have to laugh at all of it, though, because nothing can be done anymore, especially as it pertains to my life, without some sort of certain anger and offense.
Perhaps at this point, I should change the name of my blog to something like "Confessions of the Clueless Bride"...Who knew that there were so many tasks involved in planning a wedding? And there are even tasks to pre-plan for your planning! And some girls live for this...and good on them! Otherwise, I'd never have attended the beautiful, meticulously planned weddings that I've enjoyed so much in the past.
So here I am, 72 hours in and here are the questions I've gotten and the answers I've given:
Them: "What kind of wedding do you want?"
Me: "The kind that leaves me married to my Nate at the end."
Them: "Do you know what time of year?"
Me: "The opposite of every other bride planning their wedding next year."
Them: "What is the most important thing you want to have or to happen at your wedding?"
Me: "I want to have Nate and I stand there and promise that we've got each others' backs for the rest of our lives."
It is really no more complicated than that! :)
Stay tuned and c'mon along for the ride!!
You are on the right track! When it comes right down to it, if you are married at the end of your day, you will have planned a successful wedding. Oh, you'll add a few touches to make special memories for later, but those are just details. I couldn't get caught up in the social expectations either. The two things I remember most from our wedding were; the horse and buggy ride from the church (where we met and were married) to the reception (in the basement of the church in which I grew up), and ..... Jim wearing stark white tennis shorts under his stark white tuxedo pants so he could take his pants off during the reception to dance with his soccer ball(juggle it) - just because my mom said he wouldn't dare. Neither of which were listed in the dos and don'ts of socially acceptable wedding events. Both still make me smile.
ReplyDelete