Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Day Before The Dark

And...we're back.

New year, new name, new blog post...and it only took me 7 months to get to this point!  

Tomorrow, I'll begin a little social experiment of my own.  August 1, 2013 will be the day that I go dark on FB for one whole month.  Depending on how things go; I might just lay very low for more than one month, but I have to start somewhere.  There are many things that have occurred to me of late.  One such realization came to me while in a conversation with my friend yesterday whom I had not spoken to for a couple of months (*gasp*).  I realized that I have not one clue what is going on in her life.  I actually made the comment that since she didn't post any details of what is going on with her on FB, I've lost touch.  How horrible is this!?!  I have an addiction and now it is time to come to terms with that addiction and let it go.  

I have a lot of life to live.  I'm a new wife (which could be post upon post in and of itself), I've started new exercise routines and I'm beginning a journey through a complete overhaul of my body, mind and spirit. Now, this is not all stemming from some deep-seeded internal motivation; I'm being gently led on this path by some of my new environmental influences at work.  The more I've had to learn about changing your life as it relates to new wellness programs we are designing for employees, the more "on fire" I've become about making the changes myself!  There've been a lot of changes and new starts for me in the last few months and each one of them has been so positive and encouraging that I'm continuing to roll with it.  

Back to the FB thing--I have found myself only relaying stories of the happenings and goings-on of FB to my husband, instead of having other "real" conversations with him.  I wake up in the morning, check FB, go to work, check FB countless times, get pissed off by something stupid on FB, come home, check FB, tell Nate about said stupidity on FB.  Rinse. Repeat.  

My second addiction is Candy Crush.  Now, while I can't promise I'm going to quit that habit cold-turkey, I certainly need to scale that back as well.  

So, for the next month there will be more phone calls, more blogging, more CrossFit, more journaling of my journeys and best of all, more connecting with my husband.  I'll miss the updates of some of my friends, yes; but, those are not nearly as important as being focused on the great things in my own life and making the best of every day with new memories and experiences.

:) LG
Life IS Good 


1 comment:

  1. I have tried to disconnect from Facebook as well but for better or worse that's how I stay "connected" to my friends and family from PR. And I say "connected" because I really don't talk to most people on there. Sure, I see what they post or see that they're "online" (they're alive) and that somehow is enough for me, but I actually don't know how they are really doing. That is terrible, you would think that technology would bring people closer but it is more like a showcase. The only person I call is my grandma...

    Keep it up with the workout, quit Candy Crush and good luck with the experiment! See you soon ;)

    ReplyDelete