June has arrived. Summer has not made an official arrival, but it is surely oppressively hot outside this week! I can already tell the next few months are going to be fun elements to overcome in my most recent "self-journey" with weight loss. Heat zaps my energy and motivation. Then there's the whole "bathing suit season" thing to contend with as I'm not in the shape I want to be in yet. Oh well, must persevere!
I thought since it is a new month and all, why not a new post to go right along with it? It's the getting started part with which I struggle, but, I've made it through a couple of sentences so far--much more than I've had to say in the past month!
To steal a phrase from my friend, Cindy H., I've definitely been "blogging in my mind" a lot over the last few weeks. I have just not been so good at sitting down to write anything as I've allowed myself to be influenced by the opinions of my writing as communicated to me by some of my friends. The issue is two-fold for me; I am frustrated with myself for giving a crap in one sense and I am frustrated that I keep censoring MY feelings and MY writing for outright FEAR of what I deem unpleasant feedback. Well, that's just not fair. I am putting myself out there, so I like feedback--I just have to decide whether I will accept or reject the other person's opinion. I can respect the opinions all day long, I just don't necessarily have to accept them. This is just something to work through, I suppose.
This brings me to another little annoyance of mine: Words With Friends. I LOVE that game; I just hate the guilt I sometimes get when I play it. I have about 9 games going right now. I lose a LOT. But, when I find that I have the "perfect" letters for a 40 point plus word score, I get a guilty feeling for playing it. I'm a horrible competitor, I just don't know why! Looking back, I'm very glad that I didn't participate in sports as a kid (well, I was a cheerleader but apparently that's now been thrown out as a sport). Who knows how much anxiety I would have suffered if my team actually won!!??! :) Heck, I even fret about requesting a "rematch" game with friends. Me and rejection = not so good
Ah, well, there you have it, folks. My brain dump for today!
:) LAH
First of all- who cares what other people think... you rock.. that's all that matters.
ReplyDeleteSecond, you've been kicking my ass on WWF. Let's see- the last 4 games we've played ( not including the one we are in now) you've won 2/ I've one 2. AND- May I add- you clobbered me on one of the 2. So-- keep up the good work and the good words coming. I know I got excited when I had a 69 pt word against Jamie last week - I called to brag about it. :)
Baaahaha! Thanks Tara! My largest word score was last year and I took a screen shot of it. It was "equip" for 114 pts. I still carry that photo on my phone. HAHA! And yes, I felt guilty for a week afterward!
ReplyDelete