Thursday, August 11, 2011

No Fail Zone

So I was thinking today about some of the deep thinker quotes I've come across lately.  Go figure--me thinking about deep thinking just sounds way too complex.  I promise you; it wasn't.  It was silly actually. I've been going through a rough patch of sorts in the last week.   I've been on a quest to find quotes, words of wisdom, SOMETHING that I can make a personal mantra to bring the sunshine and rainbows back to my mind.  At this point, I found many but I realize that in this journey to greater understanding, I have scrutinized, discounted and just plain rejected most of the silly b.s. words of "wisdom" floating around anymore.

Personal favorite:
   "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?"
Great question.  Play the lottery.  Fail=lose in my mind, so I would definitely purchase my ticket.  I wouldn't try to become a one woman army that saves the world from itself.  I'm no Mother Theresa.  And I have spent countless hours/days/weeks/months/years (you get the point) to try to prove that I could be...only to find that when I sat right down in the middle of myself, I'm just not.  I have special qualities; I am loyal, respectful, loving, and at times, I've even been told that I'm funny.

It has taken me many moons to realize this: even though I'm no saint, I'm far from being a failure.  I can now look anyone square in the eye and tell them, "My time of self-deprecation is over.  If you fail to realize that I'm  worth it, please move along.  I've got nothing left to prove to anyone."  And it is absolutely true.

So there.  There's my mantra.  I suppose it was inside of me waiting to be unlocked; and the damnedest thing about it is that I've been searching for someone else that I thought would have the key.  But they didn't; I do.




1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Linds is back! Loved this one- this what I've been waiting for. Had a great time last night- pictures to follow. :)

    ReplyDelete